Saturday, February 02, 2008

For Me, this is Candid - My Dreams

I had a dream this morning while I was in and out of sleep. It was wonderful, I was fighting waking up. I got to see someone I haven't seen in a long time, I wanted to enjoy every second of it. It was strange because I knew it was a dream. They were images that I miss, things I haven't seen in so long, and things I will never see again. And the fact that I knew it was a dream kept me from taking those simple things for granted.

Dreams are amazing. My imagination is not that vivid when I am fully awake. Dreams have been comforting and a way to hold on for just a little bit longer. They have aloud me to not forget certain things. The way he looked, where he sat, the way he talked, walked. It is the only way I can meet up with him. What a gift. Deep down my mind has remembered these things, just when I think I am forgetting.

Just like the movie Science of Sleep all the ingredients were right for that good dream. The last thought before I went to sleep, a song I heard earlier in the day, a conversation I had, a memory... Put them in a pot, stirring and the dream is cooked up.

No comments: