Tuesday, July 08, 2008

1432 Miles Later*

(*does not include miles traveled within Oregon)

This will be our Oregon trip in parts. 

PART ONE:
The last week has been a whirlwind, mostly a wonderful whirlwind. Our friends from Oregon drove down all night last Tuesday (to sell their car and drive back up with us) - they made it to our house Wednesday afternoon. After Justin and I got off work they talked us into packing our things and heading up to Oregon that night. So we did. We drove all night Wednesday, arriving in Shasta around 10am - driving 12 hours is much better if its spilt between 4 people:




In Shasta we went to the head springs and filled up a jug with some fresh water. I had never heard of this place, but lots of people were doing the same thing:





Then we headed over to a beautiful lake for a while:




Justin fell down because it was so beautiful:



After the lake, we stopped on the side of the road near a ranch, a lovely, lovely ranch:



Then we went to Stewart Springs - we bathed in the mineral waters, relaxed in the dry sauna and shocked ourselves silly in the coldwater creek. This is the only photo I have of the place, couldn't take photos there, ask me why later:



Finally, after a stop in Ashland, we made it to Eagle Point on Thursday evening. While we were gone Cielito broke his arm!



..and finally we met the yurt. I love their yurt, I love their yard, plants, walkway, tub....:


And I LOVE the view from their yurt:



And this was only the beginning...

2 comments:

Brian said...

The view from the yurt is quite nice. I am honestly not thinking, "Wouldn't it be nice if they built a housing tract and a shopping center right there."

And also--as I've already mentioned--I think the pattern of snow on Mount Shasta is spelling the words "Sleeping Bag."

matt said...

amazing!