Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Obession with ... Food.


Mecca is what Lori Jo and I call it... the new Wholefoods on Arroyo is our favorite place. We went several times while they were staying with us. There are samples galore, there is a juice bar (real juice), an olive bar, an artisan cheese section, and you can sample any cheese, they have a wine & tapas bar and wine tasting, oh... and so much and more.

Lori Jo loves to cook, and so do I, so when we get together, we eat GOOD. Homemade sushi with sushi-grade ahi tuna, talapia ceviche with a beet salad, mahi mahi fish tacos with a carrot salad. My goodness, I love to eat. And I love to cook. Why do I have a fascination with food? (Well, good food.)

My fascination has left me with a desire to go to either culinary school or to study nutrition.... I am leaning towards holistic nutrition. Which is far off from my current day time job as a designer. But what I have done to reconcile both is start my own cookbook. I worked on a cookbook last month with a client I met on Craistlist and I really enjoyed it. So I thought I would try it out myself. I am not looking to market it, just to have fun.

No comments: